Having a healthy body is extremely important to live a long life. That’s why we love the gym, it keeps us healthy! However, have you ever thought about how to keep your BRAIN healthy? Here are some quick tips on brain health that will keep your entire body on the healthy track!
- 30 minutes of aerobic exercise 5X a week! This can increase the size of your hippocampus, which is the part of the brain used when making memories. Physical exercise secretes BDNF (Brain-derived neurotrophic factor), this encourages the growth of new brain cells.
- Be socially active. Research shows that people who can avoid feeling lonely can reduce their risk of cognitive decline.
- Keep your brain active!
- Challenge yourself– go beyond your comfort zone, this changes your brain chemistry and helps you feel more positive.
- Change yourself– Take on new situations, try new things and meet new people.
- Learn something new– this stimulates the growth of new brain cells and enhances brain connections.
For more helpful tips and videos click HERE.