Here are 5 ways to get energy that lasts in the Gym and IT’S GOOD FOR YOU!
- Eat, Eat, and Eat Some More! Who would have thought that on a fitness blog we would want you to eat a lot! Well it might not be what you are thinking. You need to eat 5-6 small meals per day. Your body is like a car, if it doesn’t have fuel in it then it starts to shut down! Food is ENERGY and the more GOOD/HEALTHY foods that are in your body the better that car will run!
- Water Your Body! You are 70% water yesterday, today and tomorrow! So no matter what you are drinking (soda, energy drink, adult beverage, etc.) your body will continue to be 70%! The difference when you drink is that your body doesn’t have to work to produce the water so get HYDRATED. Drink half your body weight in fluid ounces per day! Or just drink a lot!
- Early to Bed, Early to Rise 7-8 Hours is what you need and ALL you need. Unless you are sick or severely stressed then anything more leads to medical issues like diabetes and heart disease. Also, too little and you are running on empty again. See our blog post on sleep for ways to improve your sleep.
- Meditate 10 Min per Day! “What do I do to meditate?” WHATEVER YOU WANT! This is an opportunity for you to de-stress and just be alone. Ideas for meditation- read, breathing exercises, journal writing, just sit there and think of nothing! I know it might sound lame but try it for 7 days! Then you can come back and thank me!
- Move that Body Every Day! Saved the best for last! Exercise at least 30 min a day every day will improve your energy levels more than any of these things! Have you ever met a group x instructor that isn’t just bouncing off the walls with energy? I haven’t either. That’s because they exercise everyday!